Focal Flax PS165FSE – 6.5″ Slim Components
Equipped with the Flax cone, the woofers from the PS 165 FSE kit deliver a powerful natural sound without colouration, combined with engraved aluminum baskets and meticulous finishes, these speakers combines style, discretion and modernity for a premium installation in your vehicle.
The sound of flax
In their pursuit of sonic excellence, Focal discovered that a flax woofer cone produces a dynamic sound that’s worthy of their reputation. At half the weight of fiberglass, these flax fibers help create a very rigid yet lightweight cone that ensures accuracy and limits unwanted vibrations.
The TMD surround is incorporated in the woofers and midranges to stabilize the surround and achieve better control, neutrality and linearity.
The ‘M’-profile inverted dome TAM tweeters included in the kit offer a wider diffusion angle and greater sound definition, without directionality. Thanks to their tilted mounting, they are easy to install in the vehicle. An audiophile crossover completes the kit, offering several adjustment levels for the tweeters and midranges.
• Compact crossover, pre-wired, Easy to install
• Slim design: easy installation
• Engraved serial number, Guarantee of authenticity
• Flax cone: Neutral sound without coloration, More dynamic
• Aluminum Basket: Rigid and non-magnetic design
• Butyl suspension: exclusive “TMD” (Tuned Mass Damper) profile Enhanced control, more neutral, linear sound
• “M” shape inverted dome tweeter Better definition without directivity “TMD” suspension
• Tweeter includes tilted mounting adapters for easier installation
• High sensitivity
• Focal last technology
• Unique and patented
• Flax cone (N°1350116)
• Type: 2-way component kit
• Woofer: 6 1/2” (165mm)
• Woofer: depth 21/8” (54.5mm)
• Cone: Flax sandwich
• Tweeter: TAM tweeter (Aluminium/Magnesium ‘M’-profile inverted dome tweeter)
• Max. power: 120W
• Nom. power: 60W RMS
• Sensitivity: (2,83 V/1 m) 91.5dB
• Frequency response: 70Hz-28kHz
• Voice coil diameter: 11/4” (32mm)
• Magnet: Ferrite
• Surround: TMD
• Impedance: 4Ω
• Crossover: 12dB/oct @3kHz